The question that every homeowner seeks to answer: “What can I do to ensure that my house sells fast?” And while there is no “one size fits all” answer, there are certainly some tips and tricks in the real estate trade that can quickly add value to your property when it comes time to sell, plus other ways of making your home appeal to buyers.
Surefire Ways to Help Your Home Get Sold:
- Price it realistically: We can’t stress the importance of this enough. The longer a home sits on the market, which can happen when it’s overpriced, the more and more jaded prospective buyers will become. People will start wondering, “Why hasn’t that home sold yet?” and “there must be something that the listing isn’t mentioning.” Consult with a real estate expert who’s familiar with your neighborhood and set yourself up for success by pricing the home at a realistic price point given the following factors: the condition of the home, the condition of the real estate market, and the sale of comparable homes. If you start out at an inflated asking price and turn to multiple price reductions, the offering will look staler to buyers and less enticing.
- Improve Curb Appeal: First impressions DO matter when it comes to real estate. When buyers go on the hunt for their “perfect home,” you better believe that the decision is just as much emotional as it is financial. The impression your house leaves on buyers needs to be a positive one if you’re looking for a quick sale. Without curb appeal, some buyers may overlook your property and never set foot instead. This can mean small improvements to the landscape, decluttering, and maybe even new paint on the exterior if you can afford it. From the driveway through the front door, your curb appeal sets expectations in buyers’ minds.
- Increase Value with Meaningful Upgrades: If your home is dated, that doesn’t mean that it can’t sell fast. But, if your home is overflowing with major needed repairs, first-time buyers may be too afraid to invest. If there are obvious and important upgrades needed to things like your roof, foundation, plumbing, or electrical…make them. Buyers can wrap their heads around replacing carpet with laminate flooring, but are more reluctant to tackle structural repairs or major problems on their own. Here’s a guide to what you can expect to invest in upgrades if they’re needed.
Small Improvements that Have a Big Impact on Selling Fast
Every home stager and real estate professional knows of some of the tips and tricks that will ensure your home is more appealing to strangers. You may know some of these, but here is a list of the smaller kinds of changes you can make, that really do have a big impact. While you may think that the paint choice or wallpaper in your son’s Star Wars themed room won’t affect buyers, think again. Everything on this list revolves around making your home look 1) less like your home and more like a blank canvas for a prospective buyer to paint, 2) aesthetically welcoming by being clean and decluttered, and 3) functional.
- As mentioned above, paint your walls…preferable white or another neutral color. It’s an inexpensive way to make your home feel brighter, lighter and cleaner.
- Remove most personal items from your home so your buyers can see themselves living in the space. It’s helpful to rent a storage unit for a short period of time to hold personal household items.
- Declutter as much as you can. While you want rooms of your homes staged to show their potential function or purpose, don’t crowd spaces with excess furniture and things. The storage unit will help with this as well!
- Hire a professional to stage and photograph your home if you want to take the previous steps one leap further. Think about how much “shopping” is done online now, and understand that today’s buyers will add or disqualify homes from their “must see list” purely based on the pictures.
- Make small upgrades that will make your selling features (usually kitchen and bathrooms) look that much more appealing. This could mean better lighting fixtures or newer hardware.
Looking for an Even Simpler Way to Sell Your Property Quicker?
If all of these things just fall into the “I don’t have the time, energy, or funds for that” bucket, then there is one other surefire way to get your home sold quicker- and that is by selling directly to an investor buyer. We always say that selling to a cash buyer is not for everyone, but if you want to avoid all hassle associated with preparing your house, but still get it sold fast….this could be the option for you. You can sell your house within a week without opening your pocketbook once or lifting a finger to upgrade or clean a thing.Views: 6