If you have been holding on to your home awaiting for the perfect time to exit and cash out, now may just be that time. Prices have been on the continual rise since the last big fall and they remain strong. According to a recent article in the San Diego Union Tribune, San Diego’s media home price just hit an all-time high of $570,000 in April of this year. That’s an increase of 8.6% from the median price of homes at the same time last year. So, if you held on through last summer in hopes of a greater cash-out in the future, you made a wise move. Your property’s value today is at its highest since the last boom that took place in 2005.
So, even though there is no such thing as a “perfect time to sell” as this really depends on your personal situation, it’s safe to say that right now is a great time to consider it.
The benefits to selling this summer:
- As mentioned above, home prices are incredibly high and you should be able to get more for your house today than in the past.
- Inventory is low, which means there is a pool of hungry buyers out there ready to jump on most any opportunity.
- Summer is known as one of the best times to sell as there are many people in the hunt to buy AND homes typically show better in the warmer, summer months.
The con’s to selling in today’s market:
- If you’re looking to sell and buy another home in San Diego, just keep in mind that right now is a hard time to buy (as prices are high and buyers are plenty). You will be facing fierce competition and high listing prices if you’re looking to sell and buy another home nearby.
- Selling is almost always stressful for homeowners. It means getting the home ready to sell, spending money and time on repairs, allowing strangers to walk through your home, and a process that doesn’t always follow your timeline or rules.
But, there are ways to combat the two negatives to selling mentioned above. For one, you may not be planning to move into another home in the San Diego area. Instead, you may be looking to cash out on your San Diego home in order to unlock equity and invest somewhere out of state where your money can go a lot further. Or, maybe you’ve been recently relocated for a new career opportunity and will be moving out of area. In either case, the difficulties mentioned above won’t affect you.
In regard to the hassle and stress of moving in general, there are remedies to this “con” as well. Selling doesn’t have to be the lengthy and strenuous process it’s known to be traditionally. By opting out of a traditional sale done with a real estate agent, you can choose to sell directly to a cash buying company. Here is what you can avoid when you sell direct:
- No repairs are needed to be made to the property, you can sell it exactly as it is.
- No cleaning is required and often times you can even leave behind unwanted junk.
- You won’t have to worry about multiple buying showings or open houses.
- There are no agents involved in the transaction, so there’s no need to pay the commissions.
- You won’t have to pay for closing costs as this is something a house buyer will pay for.
- No waiting at the mercy of your buyer’s schedule – you pick your closing date and sell on the date of your choice.
Sell My House Fast While the Market’s Hot – Next Steps
If you’re reading this article and things are sounding better and better, then you may be thinking about your next steps in selling. Here are some things to consider: how do you want to sell (with an agent or directly to a cash buyer)? What net profit do you want to make on the sale? How quickly do you want to sell? What’s your next move after selling?
Depending on your answers to the questions above, the team at Sell Direct could be a great option for you. If not, that is certainly okay as well. Feel free to give us a call to speak with a home buying expert to learn more about our process and ultimately what kind of cash offer you could receive for your home. If you opt to take the traditional route to sell this summer, then we have solutions and referrals for that as well!Views: 11