Tired of Sitting in Traffic on the I-15? Sell Your House Fast and Escape San Diego Traffic Jams
What’s the one thing locals HATE about living in San Diego County? You guessed it- traffic. The traffic is no joke no matter where you are in San Diego, but some feel the pain more than others given their proximity to major thoroughfares. The Interstate 15, for example, being one of the most dreaded. Given the number of folks commuting to work in south county from Temecula and northern regions (where real estate is more affordable), to all of the intersecting highways and freeways…there is just no escaping the congestion. What’s more, the traffic is just getting worse on the I-15. The traffic between Temecula and Escondido, for example, increased dramatically from 192,000 people in 2011 to 238,000 in 2015. And on holidays like yesterday, we saw an influx in San Diego county traffic surpassing previous records! A whopping 3.1 million people in Southern California occupied our roads.
So, with that many people, it comes as no surprise that some people are just fed up with sitting in traffic. While it may not be a driving force in your decision to sell your house, it was for a recent seller we worked with in Escondido, CA. Shelly lived close to Interstate 15 and the intersecting interstate I-78. She grew tired of having to constantly plan life around her commuting time and the traffic during rush hour (which in Escondido typically spans much longer than an hour).
Here’s some of the reasons traffic made her consider listing her home for sale.
- Stress: Being stuck in traffic and constantly cognitive of the time (and potential in running late) can be stressful. A recent study noted that “being expose to the daily hassles of traffic can lead to higher chronic stress.”
- Health: Longer commute times also eat up time to exercise which can have associated effects on health like higher weight and blood pressure.
- Air pollution: The National Emissions Inventory in 2012 said that 71% of air pollution in the country comes from vehicles on the road. Air pollution has countless negative effects on our environment, but is the cause of lung diseases as well.
- Lack of sleep: If you’re having to wake up earlier to prepare for traffic congestion and long commutes, you’re likely also being deprived of some much needed sleep.
- Lack of time: Probably one of the biggest pains in being stuck in traffic is that you’re spending TIME in traffic. Time spent in your car could be time spent working out, having dinner with the family, or just time to yourself. This can be a huge drain on your personal life.
Sell Your House Quickly & Escape Daily Traffic Jams
If you’re looking to sell your house fast and finally relocate out of a heavy traffic zone like Escondido, you do have options. Your three primary options are to a) list the house with an agent, b) sell directly to a cash home buyer or c) sell the house by yourself.
If you’re considering making the move to a different area of San Diego, or out of the area completely, consider speaking to one of our experts. Depending on the condition of your home, its location, the trending sales in your neighborhood, and how quickly you’d like to sell, we can help you identify which route is best suited for you. For example, if your house is in mint condition and you’re not in a great hurry to relocate, we’ll introduce you to an agent who is an expert in your specific area. Or, maybe your house hasn’t been updated in a while and you’d like to sell it as-is, we may be your best option. Either way, we’re happy to help you. If you’re sitting in traffic and have some time to kill, give us a call today (only if you have Bluetooth or it’s safe to do so, of course).