Need to Sell Your San Diego Home Fast Because it Was a Mistake Purchase in the First Place?
You have probably had buyer’s remorse countless times throughout your life. But, thanks to a lot of friendly exchange or return policies, you can return most items for a full refund if you aren’t happy with the product. But, buying a home is very different. Buyer’s remorse exists when buying a home, but unlike store purchases- you cannot try before you buy. In a competitive market like ours in San Diego, there’s very little inventory and a ton of other buyer’s in the same pool at all times…so buying a home that you aren’t completely in love with can absolutely happen. If the hype of getting your offer accepted and closing on a property of your own has worn off, you may find yourself feeling buyer’s remorse. Don’t feel bad, you aren’t the only one. Nearly half of Americans feel buyer’s remorse about their house.
How to Avoid Buyer’s Remorse in the First Place:
If it’s already happened, then you may want to skip over this part. But, for the sake of providing as much valuable advice to homeowners as we can, here are some tips to help you avoid making a mistake in the first place.
- Forget about winning and remember it’s about owning: As mentioned above, it’s easy to get caught up in simply wanting to win the contract/deal without being particularly concerned with the home being perfect for you.
- View the home multiple times: Don’t see the home just once. You’re likely excited the first time you see a place, and you will definitely miss things. Walk through multiple times to get a better feel for the space, layout and functionality.
- Spend time in every room: Walk through every single room and nook and cranny while you tour the home. Get to know the different areas and open every door and closet. Even try parking your car in the garage!
- Make sure the home fits your initial needs: It’s common for buyers to “settle” or change their needs and wants during a house hunt if they aren’t finding what they’re looking for. Don’t make this mistake! This investment is worth waiting for the purchase that perfectly fits your family’s needs. http://www.hgtv.com/design/real-estate/buyer-s-remorse–dos-and-donts-for-adjusting-your-mindset
Top Reasons People Regret Their Purchase and Want to Sell Fast:
- Neighborhood: Not doing enough research on the area you’re buying or the neighborhood can be a huge mistake. While you may love the home itself, the neighborhood plays a big part in homeowner’s overall satisfaction. Maybe the crime rate is higher than you imagined, and you don’t feel safe at night walking the dogs. These are just some of the problems that you can encounter with picking the wrong neighborhood.
- Parking and transportation: Maybe the condo or downtown apartment with on-street parking didn’t seem like such a big deal when you bought, but think about how this inconvenience will impact you for years coming. If it’s continually a pain to have guests park when they visit you, this can cause big problems.
- You paid too much: This is the worst. If you bought the home at the top of the market and now realize you overpaid, there may be many problems you encounter in the years ahead. One of those problems being that you may fall behind on high mortgage payments and get underwater.
Sell Your House Fast & Fix the Home Purchase Mistake
If you have buyer’s remorse for any reason, we first want to say that we’re sorry. That can be such a difficult situation to be in, and stressful. While it’s not as simple as just exchanging the purchase, it’s still possible to fix the mistake by selling the home and buying one that truly is a good fit for you and your family. If you’ve gone through the home transaction process once already, you may be ready and eager to make the sale final and QUICK. We can definitely help with the quick portion…and we can also make it easy. When we say quick, we can literally purchase and close on the transaction for your “mistake purchase” in as little as 7 days. When we say simple, we mean that you won’t have to worry about buyer showings, negotiations, or long drawn out processes. We make things easy breezy, all you have to do is accept the offer if you like it.